Sunday, June 15, 2008

About a very special dad...


So, this post is dedicated to this guy I know... I happen to be married to him, and I could not have imagined what an awesome dad he would be. He is our daughter's favorite person, her best friend.

From the moment she was born, it was like they were glued together... In the hospital, he changed every diaper, went to every exam she needed to go through, swaddled, her, rocked her to sleep...

He is still the person who can calm her down during her tantrums, because he talks to her like she is already grown up. He fixes and feeds her meals, takes care of her when she is sick (they actually always get sick together... that's how close they are...), reads bed time stories, sings "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" (since she was inside my belly... and it is still her favorite song), and puts her down for her naps.

I am so blessed to have married a man who takes his role as a dad so seriously. He is the best. Just ask our little girl....

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, HONEY!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I love watching the men in our lives take care of their children it is so cute and very different than we as mothers do. But that is the beauty of being different, because our relationships with our kids are also different.

COOLWHIP said...

Hey, did you guys sell your house? Or take it off the market. I'm so out of the loop.